Over the years, gastronomy has gone from simply covering a vital need to being one of the most important factors in our society. Cooking has become an art and enjoying food is a true experience.
Due to this trend, the creation of gastronomic teaching points began to be greatly encouraged, highlighting among all of them the incredible Basque Culinary Center.
What is the Basque Culinary Center
The Basque Culinary Center is the only gastronomic faculty in Europe. In it, the best chefs of the future are trained, in addition to continuously discovering the infinite options offered by gastronomy, both with its ingredients and its techniques.
Where is the Basque Culinary Center
It´s not simply a building, but rather an environment of around 15,000 square meters located in the Miramón area, in Donostia. It is a building that inspires creativity, innovation and professional development.
What educational offer does the Basque Culinary Center have?
At the Basque Culinary Center there are different courses offered internationally and privately, that is, it is not run by any government entity.
Some of the training options offered by the Basque Culinary Center are:
- Training courses: there are different courses throughout the year that are offered, both in more general and specific issues (certain cooking techniques, treatment of a specific product…).
- Conferences and congresses: disseminating and sharing gastronomy is also one of the essences of the Basque Culinary Center, which is why they are always open to being a meeting and teaching point for cooking lovers. You can keep an eye on their website to access them.
- Degree in gastronomy and culinary arts: this is the most demanded training within the Basque Culinary Center, the price of this training is €9,000 per year, although there are different options that you can ask for that price to be lower. The Basque Culinary Center’s Degree in Gastronomy and Culinary Arts is aimed at both beginners who want to get into the wonder of cooking, as well as entrepreneurs who want to increase their knowledge or more experienced professionals who want to develop new skills or perfect them.
- Master’s degrees: similarly, other higher education is also offered to be able to continue with your training once you finish the degree, or even increase the knowledge of expert cooks. This educational offer is smaller so you must be attentive if you want to access it.
Basque Culinary Center facilities
The Basque Culinary Center is, as we have mentioned before, an incredible building located in a fantastic setting. Some of the facilities that the interior of the building has are:
- Library: the desire to continue learning must be constant, especially in a world where learning possibilities are endless. For this reason, the Basque Culinary Center has an incredible library that is accessible to all students.
- Auditorium: it is a meeting point for the different congresses and conferences that are held at the Basque Culinary Center.
- Research Center: uniting knowledge and creating new ideas is not a task, it is almost a diversion for those who love gastronomy, which is why it has this facility.
- Sensory classroom: it is a room dedicated mainly to experimenting since, as we know, the senses are the main key to a gastronomic experience.
- Different workshops: where you really begin to create the best chefs is in the different workshops where you can put everything you have learned into practice. Among them we can find the thematic, experimental or innovation and creativity workshop.
- Cafeteria: the food that all those future chefs prepare daily can be enjoyed in this incredible cafeteria where for a good price you can enjoy a daily menu that never ceases to surprise diners.
Chefs of the Basque Culinary Center
The Basque Culinary Center has the support of its board of 9 of the most prestigious chefs in the world, from different parts of the world, so there is no better place to find better teachers and advisors in your professional career.
The consultant chefs of the Basque Culinary Center are:
- Rene Redzepi (Denmark)
- Yukio Hattori (Japan)
- Massimo Bottura (Italy)
- Michel Bras (France)
- Dan Barber (United States)
- Gaston Acurio (Peru)
- Alex Atala (Brazil)
- Heston Bluementhal (UK).
The Basque Culinary Center is just one of the incredible options that the city of San Sebastián offers. If you visit San Sebastián you cannot miss the opportunity to take a Free Walking Tour San Sebastián to end up falling in love with it. We will wait for you!